Traditional Chinese Medicine for Facial Rejuvenation
How is my holistic facial rejuvenation services different from others?
I will be combining several Chinese medical practices for facial rejuvenation to maximize results! Results for facial rejuvenation can last for 3-5 years. The reason being that it is the combination of these services that provides you with such a long lasting effect. You won't just notice outside appearances that improves. With the combined services, you'll also be addressing internal issues therefore, healing from within occurs. Here are the services that will help enhance and maximize results: 1. Microneedling 2. Nanoneedling 3. Cosmetic acupuncture 4. Root cause acupuncture 5. Gua sha 6. LED light therapy with 7 wavelengths 7. Personalized Chinese herbal serums 8. Chinese herbal internal formulas
Microneedling involves using a microneedling pen that has very short fine needles oscillating at 18,000 times per minute. Because it rotates so fast, you will hardly feel the needles. Needle depth can be adjusted depending on the areas being worked on and the skin issues being addressed. Microneedling penetrates into your skin at a depth of 0.5 mm to 4 mm allowing for micro-channels to be developed.
It can be simply used for product enhancement such as using your personalized serums or for clinical treatment involving things such as scars, acne scars, burn scars, surgical scars, fine lines and wrinkles, stretch marks, alopecia, skin pigmentation, skin tightening, large pores, and vitiligo. Because this service is so effective, you only need to have it once per month. Depending on the issues being addressed, you may even notice improvements after 2 sessions of microneedling. As an acupuncturist, microneedling can also be paired with our Chinese herbal topical pain products and the LED light to decrease painful areas of the body. Many have used this to help with joint pain.
Nanoneedling involves the use of a nanoneedle pen which consists of 81 silicone tips. It uses the same oscillating motion as the microneedling pen. It does not have needles and will only penetrate the epidermis or first layer of your skin at a depth of .15 mm. This therapy helps to reduce pigmentation, increase cell turnover, rejuvenate your skin and gives you an immediate glow. Because this therapy only affects the epidermis, you can have it done weekly to continue to gain benefits and speed up the process of rejuvenation. This session is typically combined with body acupuncture to address the root cause of your complaints.
Cosmetic acupuncture is a non-surgical technique that licensed acupuncturists uses to reduce the signs of aging. Very short and thin acupuncture needles are used on the face. As you age, you begin to develop fine lines, wrinkles, age spots, dry skin, and saggy skin. This occurs because collagen formation and distribution is not the same as when you were younger. Your collagen becomes more broken and is less distributed. When that happens, you begin to develop those aging signs on your skin. Your face, neck, and hands are some of the first places to show these signs.
Root cause acupuncture
Addressing the underlying cause of why you need facial rejuvenation will further enhance your results. This involves using specific acupuncture body points. You may also notice other areas of your health improving with the use of root cause acupuncture.
Gua sha is a practice that involves using a scraping tool to give you that natural facelift and to bring bloodflow to your face. Gentle techniques of gua sha are used on the face and that helps to bring more nourishment and healing. It also helps to decrease lymphatic swelling in the areas that are worked on. You can practice this at home with a gua sha tool or using your very own fingers.
LED light therapy
Infrared LED light therapy is integral to facial rejuvenation. This special machine emits over 15,000 lumens and has 7 wavelengths to address all your facial concerns. This helps support the appearance and health of skin by improving skin laxity and promoting collagen production. This can actually be used on your face or your body!
Personalized Chinese herbal serums
There are 7 Chinese herbs that has been well researched and provides the benefits we are looking for when it comes to bringing health back to your skin! All products are natural, pure, and without preservatives.
1. Ping Guo is a stem cell builder. It helps to promote the reproduction of facial cells under the epidermis. These come specificallly from Uttwiller Spatlauber trees of Switzerland and has been scientifically proven to activate the epidermal cells of the skin. This helps to start the self-renewal process at a similar rate to that of early youth. If you search online, you'll see all kinds of apple stem cells. What you will be receiving in this office will be lab-grade stem cells.
2. Xiang Gu is a natural collagen and elastin builder. Collagen and elastin are skin supporting proteins. This extract contains a shiitake mushroom extract that stops collagen deterioration and improves the organization, quality, and structure of collagen. Xiang gu is also a strong anti-oxidant and lessens damage by reactive oxygen species and lipid peroxidation.
3. Fu ling is a natural collagen and elastin builder. it also is best used for those with damp acne, greasy skin, and older thinning skin. This herbal extract helps to build skin thickness, improve microcirculation and radiance of your skin. It does indeed lessens the appearance of wrinkles and is great for menopause or mature skin. It is also an antioxidant.
4. Hai zao helps to clear bilirubin and fluid buildup around the eyes. This helps to get rid of eye bags, dark circles, and puffiness. Swelling (liquid retention) which leads to puffiness combined with bilirubin accumulation causes vascular pigmentation to occur. This means you start to get dark circles under your eyes. This herbal extract also is a collagen and elastin builder. It lessens glycation of collagen to maintain strength and elasticity of the dermis.
5. Zao lei clears melanin pigmentation from the skin and helps to get rid of age spots and melasma. This means that it will decrase the visibility of hyperpigmented areas and balance your skin tone. In research, it has been shown to decrease the amount of melanin pigment products by melanocytes by 61.3%. This extract will give you the luminosity (brightening) you'be been wanting.
6. Chen pi Ganxibao help cells regain their ability to grow and divide normally. This extract is made from orange stem cells and helps to organize the inner structure of the skin for a younger appearance. It is best for mature older or think skin due to recovered skin elastic properties. You can think about it as recovering the elasticity you had 12 years ago. You'll be happy to have skin that is smoother and more silky.
7. Ji Xue Cao helps to speed up facial repair after microneedling. It is also anti-inflammatory and can be used on insect bites, minor itching, and eczema. It increases collagen synthetsis and improves the skin's tensile strength.
Chinese herbal internal formulas
Just like using root cause acupuncture, internal herbs are used to address the underling cause of your facial concerns. With the use of an internal formula, you'll enhance your benefits and they'll be longer lasting. Internal formulas can change from time to time depending on how your signs and symptoms.